Saturday, July 30, 2011

Breathing Free: How I rid myself of chronic sinus inflammation

Sinuses may have benefits, but I'd rather live without them.
Aren't they rather poorly designed? Someone messed up.

    (11/29/14) For my entire adult life, my sinuses have been inflamed. This is not infection: just a feeling of congestion, pain and pressure that affected my appearance, my red-eyed vision, and even my ability to think clearly. I had a headache every morning. It made me feel kind of sick and dizzy all over. I tried using my own personalized, macho form of neti potting: Filling my sinuses with warm salt water using a turkey baster. Where are the paparazzi when you need them? I blew so hard, my eardrums screamed and then seemed to deflate. It helped, but not enough.
    Now I have a new regimen, and for the past nine months, I have been transformed. I can't believe what a difference it has made.

    First, I use a steam inhaler each morning. Mine is so enjoyable and comforting. Unlike the Dr. Oz model, which he "adores" but costs $150, mine cost $20 at Walgreen's, and it's an excellent, durable product. It provides a 12-minute interval of warm relief.

It gives you a refreshing facial as well.
    Just as importantly, I believe, I take two oil of oregano capsules twice a day. They are antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory. They give you tasty burps. I believe they must do beneficial things other than help your sinuses.


   Finally, I am bowled over by the effectiveness of Sinu Orega nasal spray, which contains salt water, and oils of oregano, eucalyptus, clove and bay leaf, all of which have the same properties as listed for oil of oregano, above. I use it between steamings. It is shocking at first (just use a little bit), because it is strong, and burns slightly. The vast majority of consumers give it five stars. After I use it, the inside of my head feels tingly and refreshed.
    After so many years of suffering from inflamed, congested sinuses and red eyes, this strategy is a miracle cure for me.

About $15 for two full ounces.
A bottle of Afrin is just 1/2 oz. and costs about $8.
I received no compensation or other consideration for naming these brands. I am a nobody to them!